Great News, I’m ENGAGED!

Hey guys, you may have noticed that I have been kinda M.I.A. and I have a pretty good reason! I just got EnGAGED and it’s been crazy around these parts lol! So yeah, on February 28th, my guy proposed to me on the way to the airport when I was headed to Los Angeles!

First let’s rewind and tell you about him. His name is Stan, we met at a Home Show at the Gwinnett Arena back a few months ago. Yes you read that correctly, just a few months ago. When we met it was fireworks and what’s funny, we almost didn’t meet! I have a friend named Jaqueline and her family owns a manufacturing company and they have a product that they produce. She asked me to help her at the home show. At first, I didn’t really feel like going but it was not far from my house. I agreed to go but it was pouring outside, so I almost canceled but something told me to get up and go, so I did!

I’m at the vendors booth helping her when Stan came up to me and asked me for some decorating advice for his outdoor lighting. That’s how we met guys lol! He asked me for my number and a few hours later, he asked me out to dinner. I was a bit hesitant but I couldn’t resist. We had a great time on our date and the next day we went bowling, then the next day we went on a Sunday drive and the next day it was some place else and I can go on! We have been inseparable ever since! So he popped the question on Feb 28th and I said YES! He said he bought my ring the second week he met me because it felt right lol! I was totally surprised and didn’t see that coming but Stan said when he met me he knew I was going to be his wife! I will be 55 in May and Stan is 62, so you KNOW when you KNOW!

After being married for 20 years and now divorced for three years, another breakup in between and going on 42 first dates, I was exhausted trying to date here in ATL an we all know dating here is pretty brutal! I’m also working on a book with the experiences I’ve had dating here.

And when you’re over 50, oh my gosh! I had totally stopped trying to date a few months ago because I was not finding anyone I was truly interested in. But now I am here to give women encouragement and hope because as bad as dating can be, I still always felt in my heart that there was someone out there for me! So never give up no matter what age you are! I’m a living witness to that!

Yesterday we went to a place called, 57th Fighter Group Restaurant where they have a champagne brunch. Everything was great and the staff gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate our upcoming nuptials! We took a few snaps to announce our engagement, shot by my dear friend Jennifer who captured the lovely moment. Later, we watched the jets take off from our window view, it so much fun! Stan loves aviation so this was the perfect backdrop for our photos! The wedding is set for September of next year in Florida on a yacht, so stay tuned! I’m on cloud nine right now, talk soon! xoxo

The post Great News, I’m ENGAGED! appeared first on Talking With Tami.



from Talking With Tami https://ift.tt/PlYa9uB

Post a Comment

0 Comments