Porsha Williams Shares How Entrepreneurship Became Her Path to Generational Wealth at Invest Fest 2026

Ahead of the highly anticipated Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 17 reunion, Porsha Williams took the Invest Fest stage to share a different side of her story: the entrepreneur behind the brand.

Williams joined beauty mogul Jesseca Harris-Dupart, celebrity hairstylist and educator Sierra Glamshop, and moderator Patrice “Sway the Pro” McKinney for “Building Wealth Beyond the Chair” on the EYL University Stage. The packed conversation explored how beauty professionals can transform technical skills into scalable businesses by investing in branding, salon ownership, strategic partnerships, and long-term wealth creation.

Drawing from her own journey from reality television personality to business owner, Williams discussed how personal reinvention inspired the launch of her hair brand, Go Naked Hair, and why authenticity has remained at the center of every business decision. “I work best when I’m being authentically myself. I cannot sell you anything that I don’t believe in,” said Porsha Williams.

Williams reflected on how one of the most difficult chapters of her life became the catalyst for entrepreneurship. “Going through divorce, I’m changing my hair. Our hair is an extension of us as women, who we are. Black women, it’s who we are. It’s how we express ourselves. I was using it to move through finding myself again after the divorce. I thought, if it’s empowering to me, I can use this same product to empower other women.”

She also encouraged attendees to look beyond entertainment careers as their primary source of income. “Us as Black women, we need to have our hands in all kinds of business opportunities in order to make money, in order to have generational wealth. And I realized if I’m going to be doing TV, I don’t know how long it’s going to last, but if it ends tomorrow, my future is set up in alignment with generational wealth.”

Harris-Dupart, founder of Kaleidoscope Hair Products, echoed that success comes from solving real customer problems rather than simply selling products.  “Once you learn to be a problem solver, you’ll never go broke… Once you learn to master how to solve a problem, and know that you are not the main character to your business, your customer is the main character, you will never ever go broke.”

Panel Highlights

  • Authenticity drives successful brands. Panelists discussed how transparency, storytelling and lived experience help build consumer trust and long-term customer loyalty.
  • Think beyond the chair. Speakers encouraged beauty professionals to leverage branding, education, product development, salon suites and strategic investments to create businesses that generate wealth beyond client appointments.

The post Porsha Williams Shares How Entrepreneurship Became Her Path to Generational Wealth at Invest Fest 2026 appeared first on Talking With Tami.



from Talking With Tami https://ift.tt/q8lr5G1

Post a Comment

0 Comments