There’s something about a fresh manicure and a sparkling ring that just goes together, right?
I’ve been keeping up with my manicures pretty consistently since around the time of our wedding. Honestly, I think getting engaged started it all! The minute that gorgeous ring lands on your finger, suddenly you realize your hands are going to be photographed nonstop. Naturally, that calls for a fresh manicure because we need that ring to sparkle and shine, honey!
These days, I visit a local nail salon where my nail tech, Mary, always gets me together. I usually get the Beauty Gel service, and lately I’ve been completely obsessed with soft nude shades and those barely-there, light pink gel polishes. They’re feminine, clean, sophisticated and they go with practically everything in my closet.
But now that fall has arrived, I’m having a serious beauty-girlie dilemma.
Does Fall Really Mean Dark Nails?
Everywhere I look, I’m seeing those gorgeous seasonal shades deep burgundy, chocolate brown, plum, wine and all those rich autumn colors. They’re beautiful, but here’s my problem: I get bored! Lol.
If I’m going to wear the same color for a couple of weeks, I need something that won’t start bothering me after three days or clash with whatever outfit I’m wearing.
And if you’ve been following me for any amount of time, then you already know: I’m a pink girly through and through.
Give me a soft blush, ballet pink or pretty nude and I’m happy.
Square Nails Forever…Maybe?
I’m also loyal to my square-shaped nails. I’ve worn them that way forever because I think the shape looks best on my hands.
Now, I will admit that these almond-shaped manicures have been tempting me! My coworker absolutely swears by almond nails, and they look amazing on her. I see them all over social media too, looking long, feminine and fabulous.
But every trend isn’t for everybody.
My hands are on the smaller side, and every time I imagine myself with almond nails, I just don’t think the shape flatters me quite like my trusty squares. Never say never, though. One day Mary might convince me to switch things up!
Fun Fact: I Used to Own a Nail Salon!
Here’s something newer readers may not know about me: I was once on the other side of the manicure table!
Back in the early ’90s, I owned a nail salon in my hometown of Cleveland called Nails by Tami. I owned the salon for 10 years, and I truly enjoyed that chapter of my life. I met so many wonderful clients, built relationships and got to express my creativity through beauty long before my career took me in a completely different direction.
People still ask me, “Would you ever open another nail salon?”
Chile…probably not!
Owning a beauty business taught me a lot, but it also came with managing clients, personalities, schedules and all the little day-to-day situations that happen behind the scenes. At this stage of my life, I really appreciate being able to finish my corporate workday, go home and leave work at work.
There’s a certain peace in that, and I love it.
But the beauty girl in me never went anywhere.
I still pay attention to nail trends, colors and techniques, and my daughter keeps me updated on what’s hot. It’s funny how life comes full circle I may no longer own Nails by Tami, but I’m still sitting in that manicure chair analyzing shapes and polish colors like the nail tech I used to be! Ha!
So, here’s my fall challenge: I’m thinking about stepping outside my pink-and-nude comfort zone and trying an actual fall shade even if I only keep it for a week!
Maybe a rich chocolate? A pretty berry? A deep mauve? Or perhaps I’ll find a way to make pink work for fall, because you know I’m always going to find my way back to pink somehow!
I’ll keep you posted on what I decide.
Beauty girlies, tell me: Are you switching to darker nails for fall, or are you wearing your favorite pinks and nudes all year long?
The post My Fall Nail Dilemma: Is This Pink Girly Ready for a New Shade? appeared first on Talking With Tami.
from Talking With Tami https://ift.tt/p5F3OX2

0 Comments