That’s My Bestfriend

It’s been a few years that I have not physically seen my best friend in over 35 years and that’s Heather Claybrooks. We first met in elementary school but I moved away and lost touch with her. Then it happened again in the Fall of 1986. We both attended Kent State University and had a few classes together. She walked over and introduced herself to me and said, I think we were in grade school together. I was sorta rude and blew her off and then later apologized because I was having a bad day. Our sophomore year, we became roommates. After that, it was a series of college parties, boyfriends, road trips, beauty salons in our dorm room, late night talks, dance-offs, adventure and I can go on and on!

Time sure does flies and now it’s 2021 and both of us have shared so many memories together. Like marriages, birth of our children, loss, divorce, heartache, joy, milestones, tears, being a grandparent, just so much to even type here! Thank goodness for technology because although we live in two different cities now, we FaceTime each other daily. Helping each other with house decor, what to wear outfits and seeing the kids grow up! It’s been a whirlwind for sure lol. I love Heather so much and she has taught me things that I can’t even wrap my head around. For one thing, she has a lot more patience than me. She has a very kind spirit, full of life, caring and giving. I have taught her a few things as well like how to entertain, sexy it up, crafting and more. It’s been a rollercoaster ride but we have endured the test of time. I’m so grateful that I was able to visit my hometown and see my bestie, it was well overdue! Check out a few snaps inside.`..

Legend finally got to meet Heather in person!

 

The post That’s My Bestfriend appeared first on Talking With Tami.



from Talking With Tami https://ift.tt/3BvzNjb

Post a Comment

0 Comments