I had an absolute blast attending Cultural Architects & Torchbearers: Muses, Co-Conspirators & Champions, presented by iN-Hale Media & Entertainment and powered by Gilead Sciences, during Atlanta Black Pride!
Hosted by the fabulous Bevy Smith and acclaimed filmmaker Patrik-Ian Polk, the evening was a beautiful celebration of the powerful creative, cultural and personal bonds between Black gay and queer men and Black women. Under the theme “Reimagining the Black Swan,” the experience explored how these communities have continuously inspired, championed and uplifted one another through fashion, entertainment, art, identity and culture.
And honey, when I tell you the room was FULL of fabulousness! The evening brought together incredible conversations around health, wellness, prevention, testing, care and reducing stigma all seamlessly woven into a gorgeous celebration of Black LGBTQ+ culture and community.
The invite-only experience kicked off with an intimate dinner for community leaders, tastemakers and influential voices before transitioning into an immersive celebration filled with multimedia, live performances, music, movement and plenty of good energy!
Spotted in the fabulous crowd were Jessie Woo, Funky Dineva, Shamea Morton, Derek J, Nikko Annan, Octavious Terry, Lisa Cunningham and so many other amazing creatives and cultural tastemakers.
Of course, I was in my element meeting new people, catching up, mingling and soaking up ALL the fabulous energy in the room! There’s nothing quite like being surrounded by talented, stylish and inspiring people who know how to celebrate culture, community and each other.
Atlanta Black Pride definitely understood the assignment!
Bevy Smith and Derek J
Shamea Morton
Jessie Woo
Octavious Terry and Kendrick
Nikko Annon
Patrik-Ian Polk
Me and Lisa Cunningham
Nikko and I
Derek J
Shalae Morgan and I
Devon Swing Dress by Unique Vintage
The post Reimagining the Black Swan: A Night of Culture, Fashion & Fabulousness appeared first on Talking With Tami.
from Talking With Tami https://ift.tt/eCDlSj9















0 Comments